Who is elligible for Free School Meals?
Free School Meals are available for children who attend a state maintained school on a full time basis.
In order to be elligible the parent / carer must be in receipt of the following:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seakers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of less than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
How to Apply
Pease complete the form overleaf, using BLOCK CAPITALS. You should ensure that you have signed the form and return it to the School Office. Unfortunately, any forms that are not signed or incomplete will be returned to sender and this will lead to a delay in the Free School Meal being given.
Is evidence of Benefit Entitlement Required?
You do not need to provide evidence of your benefit when you submit this form. We will check your entitlement through the Department of Education's Eligibility Service (ECS).