Autumn Term 2020
Music lessons on most instruments start from Monday 21 September. All the timetables are available to download below. Note that we have multiple teachers for many instruments so new students will need to locate their teacher by looking through all the relevant schedules below. In a change to previous terms, the majority of students' music lessons will be at the same time each week for this term. Students must note the following:
Instructions to students having music lessons
- Remember to bring your instrument and music books to school on the day of your lesson
- You will NOT be able to store your instrument in the music dept at the moment– keep it with you (but you should be able to leave it in your classroom during break and lunch)
- Come down to the music dept (entrance next to the Food Cube) at the correct time – it is your responsibility to remember!
- Remember you must wear a FACEMASK
- Wait outside the room for your lesson, on the designated spot, until your teacher asks you to come in
- Like all lessons, SANITISE YOUR HANDS before you enter the room (dispensers in corridor).
- Near the end of your lesson, your teacher will tell you what to write in your yellow practise book (which you will receive in your first lesson)
- After you have packed away, your teacher will ask you to sanitise your chair, music stand, piano (if you used it) and the door handle on your way out
Music lessons during year group lockdowns using online tuition
In order to continue tuition during the inevitable lockdowns and isolation cases that our students and their families will undergo in the following months, Haringey Music Service have decided to offer online tuition to students who are not in school. Full details, with guidance, are available in the document attached below Online Music Tuition HMS Guidelines. Please note, you must give consent in order for your child to receive online tuition. An email was sent out to families with a link to the consent form. If you did not receive it, please email Ms Stephens to request it. We can only arrange an online lesson with 48 hours notice.
If you have any queries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their alloted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested! Please note that, during the current COVID situation, students will not be able to store instruments in the department and will need to carry them with them in school.
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to saz. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please click the link above.