Concert Tour to Paris 2019
link to our blog here APS.music.blog
**AUTUMN TERM 2019**
All the timetables for the first week of music lessons are available below and are also available for students to check on the noticeboard in the music department. Music lessons for most instruments start on the week commencing Monday 16 September, with a couple of teachers starting the following week or later.
The timetable for the full term will be published shortly after students attend their first lesson. Please note that most teachers have rotating lesson times, so students must check the time of their lesson each week.
If you have any queries, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask your child to see me in the Music Office P7 any breaktime or before/after school.
- lessons take place on a rotating timetable throughout the school day
- students are expected to make their own way down to the music department at their alloted lesson time, having informed their class teacher at the start of the school lesson that they will be attending a music lesson
- we are unable to catch up music lessons missed by students as their teacher is here, ready to teach them
- lessons missed by instrumental teachers are always caught up (or occasionally refunded)
- music lessons continue throughout the afternoon on Student Progress Days (when normal school lessons are cancelled). Students should attend their music lesson at the scheduled time on these days (but do not need to wear school uniform, unless they are also attending their parent consultation at which all students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear uniform).
- students may drop off their instruments in the room where they will have their music lesson (on the morning of their lesson) and collect it on the way out of school at the end of the day. We ask that students make every effort to take home their instrument on the day of their lesson, otherwise the teaching rooms get very congested!
We offer music lessons on a wide range of instruments from trumpet to drumkit, violin to saz. Around 250 lessons take place each week,with over 220 students learning an instrument or two in school. If you would like to apply for lessons, please download the APPLICATION FORM below, complete and return it to the Music Office (P7) or via email.